Thursday, November 18, 2010

Little Girl Bed

I just realized that I never posted about a major milestone in our family - Abby's Little Girl Bed (whenever I tell our daughter she is a big girl she says, "No, Mommy, I'm still little."). I was a little nervous considering all the stories I have heard about rough transitions, but this bed has been a miracle worker. I wish we would have made the switch a year ago! Sleep problems? Solved! (mostly). We also purchased a timer for Abby's nightlight so that it will turn off when it is morning time. That way, if she wakes up early, she knows to stay in her room until the nightlight turns off. For us, this has worked like a charm!

When I first put it together, she must have spent a good 20 minutes climbing in and out and in and out and making it and climbing in and out . . . For the first couple weeks she would take about an hour to get to sleep - not because she was crying for her crib. Rather, she was giddy about her new sleeping arrangements and doing who knows what. This is one of those times I wish we had a video monitor. By the time she finally fell asleep I would go in her room to find her conked out and her bedding an absolute disaster.

She even shares w/ friends. One issue we did have at first was her blankets falling off in the middle of the night. I decided to purchase a top sheet to help keep the little mover from causing them to slide, but you cannot purchase a single top sheet for a crib/toddler mattress - so annoying! You can buy sets, but I already had all the bottoms and just wanted a top. If you are in a similar situation: Walmart sells twin top sheets for $4 so I purchased 2 and just cut and hemmed them to fit. Better than spending $20 on a toddler set of which you only need half.

I just had to post this picture of Nana's birthday - isn't it precious!

1 comment:

A & K Finch said...

Wow she is getting so grown up! Where did you two purchase the bed because it matches so well with the crib and of course the dorm furniture!!!! I just love Abby's hair!!! =)