Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Our Little Man

I get so frustrated with myself for not posting more of Eli's first year.  I have already forgotten so many moments and milestones.  So, before I forget anymore, here is an update on our little guy.
 He continues to have such a great smile - not only does he light up, but we all light up as well when he grins and giggles.
 He has been cruising since he was about 7 months old.  I thought he would be an early walker, but after falling on our concrete floors so many times, he has developed quite the fear of letting go of things.  Poor little guy seems to always have an array of bruises on his forehead!  We finally went out and purchased an area rug for the living room.  It's something I have been wanting for a long time and now I had a good excuse to get one!
 He loves baths, putting things in and out of containers and trying to put a lid on containers, kitchen utensils, the peanut butter jar and my flour and sugar canisters.  He also loves peek-a-boo and will hold a blanket up himself and just giggle and giggle - melt my heart!  When I tell him "I'm going to get you!" he takes off crawling and giggling as fast as he can.
 He is into everything!  Working is a bit difficult these days :)  Speaking of which, he now naps in the archive room since all the other offices and conference rooms are now in more use.  It works out pretty well because it is dark and undisturbed.  He can say dada, mama and aba and I think he identifies them with each of us.
He loves to read books.  When I am rocking him and ask him if he wants a book he lunges over the side of the chair to reach the bin of books on the floor.  He even recently tried to copy animal noises while I was reading an animal book - so fun!  I love this age!  And, although he still does not sleep through the night, I completely enjoy our little man :)

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Christie,

Your kiddos are adorable. Hope you have a great Christmas.

Kelly