Sunday, February 17, 2013

One Year Old!

A couple weeks ago we celebrated Elijah's first birthday!  We had to postpone the party a couple weeks, but that turned out good because Mom Bakos got to be there.  Since he has a January birthday, I thought a winter snowman theme would be fun.  
 My mom and sister saved out some of their winter decorations and we all turned Cyndi's house into a Winter Onderland :) hahaha   Here is the kids' table:


 The seat of honor!

 Since I have discovered Pinterest, I found some fun ideas such as these cupcakes.  My chocolate turned did the whole turn whitish thing, but that just helped the trees look more snowy!

 First cupcake!  I was surprised by how little he actually ate of it.  Elijah loves muffins.  Normally when I first pull them out of the oven, I tell them they are too hot and we blow on them until they are cool enough to eat. The day before his party I had the in-iced cupcakes sitting on the counter and he really wanted one thinking they were muffins.  Every time I walked past them holding Eli, he would start blowing as if to cool them off so he could eat one!

 


 One of Eli's favorite pastimes is to stir and for some reason he loves the peanut butter jar.  So, I wrapped up an empty peanut butter jar and a wooden spoon.  He loved it! 


 What a blessing to have 4 generation together!

No comments: